Sunday, August 30, 2009

Hey cucaracha, I´m comin´for ya

I committed a murder last night, and it was premeditated.

As I stumbled into the bathroom and flicked on the light,a brown object scurried across my sink. If the boys hadn´t been sleeping, I might have screamed, but I swallowed my disgust like a spoonful of overcooked broccoli, and assessed the situation. I was unarmed. The cockroach was big and when I approached it, raced behind the sink where I could not smash it. Brilliant. I looked around for a weapon, but didn´t see anything. . . Until I noticed the half-empty bottle of purple, scented bathroom cleaner. I grabbed the bottle and began to pour its contents behind the sink onto the unsuspecting creature. I grabbed the empty bottle and knocked the cockroach onto the floor. Grimacing, I finished the job. Crunch The sound of its untimely death was akin to taking a bite of cereal. I would say the deed was done in under two minutes, but I can´t really be sure. I was so disturbed and shocked that I temporarily lost track of time. This marks my first solo kill. I had assisted in a cockroach kill within my first week here, but never alone and unarmed. I have survived to tell the tale and am ready to defend my room at a moment´s notice.

No comments: