Thursday, July 30, 2009

Peanut Butter Bliss


Hanging out with some of the kids at the Ihnfa. L to R: Oscar, Juan Angel and Toño. Toño and Oscar are brothers and two of my favorites.

Cindy and I on our way down the the Escuela for a celebration a week ago. She's one of the girls from the Hogar and in my 3rd grade class.

With Suyapa and Licha, two girls at the Ihnfa.

My little troublemakers. . .


I'm up entirely WAY later than I should be; however, while I miraculously have Internet in my room. . . and mind-bogglingly fast Internet. . . I just wanted to share what a wonderful day I've had. I've had a rough week. I have been sick since Monday, which made me feel pretty crummy. My day had all sorts of little things to make it special, and because lists are another thing I enjoy, I'm going to list them.

#1 I treated myself to a mora smoothie/slushie after finishing at the Ihnfa. Mora is a fruit that's similar to a blackberry and there happens to be a small bakery in St. Barbara that sells the most delicious mora smoothies EVER.

#2 I bought myself two jars of peanut butter. . . of the crunchy variety, which happens to be my favorite. Supper was sparse so I grabbed two rolls of bread, which was fresh out of the oven and did NOT taste of soap or have any ants on it, and headed to my room to slather it with peanut butter. Such a treat.

#3 It rained this afternoon and left things so cool, at least 10 degrees cooler, maybe more. This evening I sat outside and talked with some of the kids in the delicious evening air.

#4 I was able to purchase double the minutes for my phone today for the regular price, a special they do every now and then.

#5 I had so much fun helping to put the boys to bed tonight. I read to Elias, the youngest who is such a cutie and full of energy, from The Cat in the Hat [Spanish]. I used different voices for each character, and he loved it. I call him my little Rana, frog in Spanish, because he's always jumping all over the place and trying to get a piggyback ride.

#5 I haven't had Internet in my room for a few days, so after asking to use the really slow Internet in the library, I came back to my room to find I had Internet here. . . and it was FAST! Faster than it has been since I've been here. So fast I was finally able to upload a few pictures. . . and

#6 I was able to chat with a few friends tonight, which was such an unexpected and pleasant surprise.

#7 Tomorrow is Friday.

#8 My cold is gone. . . as of this afternoon.

#9 I feel like no matter how rough this week was at times, God kept giving me small reminders of how much He cares about me. . . and today was just full of them.

Will write more later. . . but tomorrow I will be very sorry for my late night. . . or maybe that will be my students :)

-Hannah

No comments: