Tuesday, April 27, 2010

couches LOOM in my near future

I'm sitting on a green couch in Southern Village listening to the clock tick. . . not just literally, but there seems to be a loud echo in my head as well. I feel like at any moment my surroundings will begin to swirl and twirl and I will be sucked into a strange time machine that will transport me back to reality. I drove 18.5 hours by myself, without stopping to sleep or nap, to get here. It's a new personal record. Maybe I'll break it someday. Only a year has passed and I already feel like I am staring into a distant past I was never a part of. I hear friends talking about finals and selling back books, graduating, job searching. . . Where am I? I remember those painful goodbyes and nostalgic last classes, yet I'm a living testimony that life goes on after graduation. I didn't think it would. I've hung out with many different friends. I like the familiarity of good friends. The kind you might not write for an extended period of time [a year], but they don't harbor grudges, and seeing them again is like sinking into a down bed of feathery bliss. There are so many things I need to do, but I'm just soaking up these moments. Soon the last few threads of my happy college memories will unravel. . . friends leave, time passes, life moves on. I'm weaving a new tune. It's full of optimism. God's sitting at the loom with me, and for possibly the first time in my life, I'm letting him weave. He picked the pattern, but he's letting me choose the colors. I want this endeavour to be a colorful masterpiece. Honduras taught me quite a few lessons. I just hope I can apply them here.

So here's to curiosity: I'll investigate.
Here's to patience: I'll wait.
Here's to independence: I'll live it.
Here's to love: I'll give it.
Here's to courage: I'll find it.
Here's to life.

God promises us that He will never leave us nor forsake us and that He has special plans for us. I understand that now. He's faithful if we are faithful. I'm learning to be faithful and to trust His timing instead of my own. Things work out better that way.


Photobucket

P.S. If anyone has a couch for sale. . . maybe I'll be needing furniture soon. . . you know, to furnish my apartment. Or a loom, because then I could do some actual weaving.

1 comment:

Dely said...

I loooved this post! Your wording was wonderful. I wish I was sitting on that couch with you. But I'm not. But... maybe I can be soon, eh?? We'll see what God has in store, Hannita. Love you, girly.