Monday, September 6, 2010

Old Dream

I don't usually remember my dreams. Sometimes I do. Vividly.

There was a new family in town. What town, I couldn't tell you. One evening they came over to eat. I don't really remember what they looked like, because you see, I had this dream months ago while I was still in Honduras. I remember waking up and telling my roommate about it, but I never told anyone else. She was in the dream too.

Somehow it came to light that the woman of the family was a witch. She seemed polite and normal on the outside, but we found out there was a sinister battle raging within. In my dream, I found myself in a room that resembled my room at home where my parents live. There were windows on all sides without curtains. It was night time, and I was about to fall asleep when I heard noises. There were noises on the roof, at the windows. I soon realized someone was trying to get in, to penetrate the glass. All of a sudden the family appeared in front of the window next to my bed, yet they were not touching the ground. As they levitated in front of me, they began to talk to me through the glass. Now, normally if I saw something like that, I would probably run screaming in the other direction, with my blanket thrown over my head. Yet, in the dream, I sat calmly, staring into the face of the woman. And I said, I am not afraid. I am not afraid of you or your witchcraft. Jesus Christ resides here, and you cannot touch me. A peace radiated out of my heart that seemed to sear through the evil designs they had for me.

I woke up from the dream confused, but thankful. I hadn't thought much of it until I told a friend about it tonight. She said she wondered if someone had tried to hurt me through witchcraft during my time in Honduras. I won't know until I get to heaven, but I do know God protected me many times while I was there.

For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

Ephesian 6:12


God is so powerful. It's comforting to know that when our trust and loyalty resides in Him, He will protect us. Satan and his angels tremble at the name of Jesus. We have nothing to fear.