Saturday, October 31, 2009

Dad


I am blessed. Not everyone can say they have two amazing fathers. I can.

Tomorrow my earthly dad is turning 57. At least I think that's the right age. My dad does a lot of things. He can change the oil in my car, make a bookshelf, build a house, preach a sermon [without notes] and play baseball. My dad likes peanut butter and onion sandwiches, hiking mountains, chopping wood, building things and mowing the lawn.

Dad, thank you so much for all of the love you've given me. I feel so blessed to have you as my father. I hope you have a wonderful birthday! And I promise to make you an apple pie when I come home :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dear Hannah: Thanks for your words of affirmation. I am very thankful for a daughter who can forgive my weaknesses and appreciate my strengths. I believe the best gift I have given you is an example of being a humble learner in the school of Christ so you can see God's grace triumph over inherited and cultivated defects of character. We have all been damaged by sin, and it is God's eternal plan to restore His character in us. I am proud of you and the choices you are making. Looking forward to that apple pie!!! Love, Dad